Thursday, October 11, 2012

Everyone Calls You Amazing...

...I just call you mine.  Isn't that a great sentiment?  It is what you will see on my card a little bit later!  So, the gluten free crockpot lasagna that I made last night was a hit!  We took it to our community group from church where it got rave reviews from our friends, and many asked for the recipe.  That is a big score in my book!  Here is what I have learned about pasta made from rice...you don't have to cook it for very long.  My only complaint is that the lasagna noodles didn't keep their form very well.  So- I know to just not cook it as long in the crockpot next time.  I have found the same from boiling rice noodles...don't go by what the packaging says.  Check them at about 9-10 minutes and see what you think! Just a tip that I've learned...in case anyone who reads is or thinking about going gluten-free.

Today I created a sweet little love card using the Glitz Design "Hello Friend" collection, which I think I might have a little bit of an obsession with right now!  Tee hee!  It is pretty typical that with each Glitz release, I find one collection that I reach for more often than the others.  I thought it was going to be Yours Truly for this release, but I think that might be changing to Hello Friend pretty quickly.  :)  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from apricot cardstock.
2. Cut a block of the bokeh paper, round the top corners and adhere to the front.
3. Wrap crepe trim around the bottom of the card, then top with crochet trim.
4. Sand the edges of the sentiment sticker, then adhere to the lower right corner.
5. Layer three fabric flowers to the upper right corner, then tuck tulle underneath them.
6. Adhere a sentiment banner to a heart topped pin, then stick into the flowers along with second pin.
7. Embellish the floral cluster with a patterned rhinestone & a velvet charm.
8. Add three pearls to the sentiment sticker to finish.

Challenges:
-CASE Study #112 - Card Inspiration
-The Play Date Cafe #153 - Color Challenge
-Drunken Stampers #100 - Think Pink
-Our Craft Lounge #137 - Pink
-Divas By Design #56 - Anything Goes










I am pretty much in love with the sentiment and little flower cluster on this card...I hope you are too!  Tee hee!  Before I get to my Bible study notes, I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the sweet comments lately.  I read every single one, and really do take them to heart!  They are such an encouragement to me, and I just wanted you to know that!
James 3: 13-15
Wisdom is defined as the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgement as to action; sagacity, discernment or insight.  Wisdom also has two very beautiful synonyms- understanding & enlightenment.  Wisdom is such a peaceful and beautiful thing in its purest form, but we tend to "muddy the waters."  Verse 13 says, "Who is wise and understanding among you?  Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."  This is something that has become quite important for me in my photography business- in two very different ways.  When I first started out, I couldn't believe when people would pay an "uneducated" person with a "fancy camera" to shoot their wedding, senior pictures, etc.  It pretty much incensed me.  As I have gotten wiser in my business, I realize that I don't need to worry about that- I don't need to envy the clients they have, because the business model I've chosen has really brought me the best clients that I could ever ask for.  I am really so blessed in that.  The other part of it is the "deeds done in humility" part.  When people entrust me to shoot their wedding, I feel an overwhelming desire to make sure their entire day runs smoothly.  I have no qualms with putting down the camera and filling candle holders with sand, or stacking chairs that need to get put away before they sail away on their sunset dinner cruise.  I will do anything within my power to make their day as perfect as it possibly can be.  I have learned that as the photographer, I am an integral part of the day and I can really shape the mood and how smoothly everything runs.  I always hope & pray that as I am doing whatever is needed to make sure the bride & groom are as happy as can be, that they feel Christ's love as I do it.

Until later,
~L.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Very pretty. Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that's an awesome card.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lea. Love the fabulous embellishments and different texrtures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous creation!
    Love the flower grouping, stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the layering of elements and soft colors. gorgeous card, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the flowers in different textures and the ruffle trim! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty! I love how you layer everything! Can you teach me how to do this? I am stuck in the CAS style and can't get out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super gorgeous Lea! Love everything! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! Love the ruffles and pretty flowers. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. BLOWN away! this is amazing, i don't blame you for being obsessed! and such a sweet sentiment :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, I love the vintage feel of what you've made
    Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers for the Think Pink challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowzers! What a gorgeous creation! LOVE the burlap flowers and pins :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW girl... AMAZING card!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, congrats on the win. When I saw your card a few days ago I figured it would be a winner ;)

    I'd also like to comment on your bible study notes. Thank you for your honesty of heart. Most of us don't like to admit that we struggle with jealousy, but we shouldn't be surprised when those feelings hit since we are all sinners. Better we don't compare ourselves to others but compare ourselves to The Lord Jesus Christ. Besides, He is the one who knows our hearts and deeds and will reward us accordingly in Heaven. There our reward cannot compare to any earthly praise , clientele, accolade or adoration from man. Keep shining your light sister!

    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah! Stunning card Lea! LOVE it! Thank you for sharing this with us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea