Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank U

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  Lordy...I had quite a morning.  Not divulging any details because they aren't my details to tell.....but it has just been one of those starts.  Everything is okay though, and I will be continuing on with my day normally. :)

I have another card to share with you today!  Can I just say that I am kind-of in love with this card right now.  I adore the colors, and the gorgeous collage of images on the main paper block.  My Mind's Eye really does a great job of designing beautiful patterned papers.  Here is what I created!
"Thank U" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found 2 "Sunshine" 6x6 paper pad)
Stamps: My Favorite Things (Notched Tag set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Stephanie Bernard Dye: chocolate)
Buttons: American Crafts
Brad: Creative Imaginations
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Pin: Maya Road
Seam Binding: The Cat's Pajamas
Trim/Twine: May Arts
Flowers: Michael's brand
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Cut plaid paper slightly smaller and sand the edges.  Cut a doily paper strip, sand the edges and adhere to the bottom of the plaid block.  Punch a lace border to blue paper, and adhere to the middle, overlapping the doily paper by a bit.  Cut a collage patterned paper block, round the top corners, sand the edges and adhere to the front.  Wrap seam binding around the paper seam, then adhere the entire paper block to the card front.  Add a bit of trim to the top of the seam binding.  Tie a double bow from matching seam binding, then layer a rosette, the bow and two paper flowers to the right side of the card.  Cut a banner flag from patterned paper, stamp the sentiment to it, and wrap around a clear topped pin.  Stick the pin into the fabric flower, then accent with pearls.  Thread two buttons with twine and adhere to the upper left corner of the collage paper block, then finish the accenting with a pearl brad.

Card Challenges Used:
-CASE Study #73- card inspiration (I was inspired by the colors & sentiment)
-Papertake Weekly challenge- buttons, bows, bling, blooms)
-Pollycraft Monday challenge #123- BINGO card (flowers, punches, pearls)
-The Friday Mashup! #41- thank you &/or patterned paper (I did both!)

Well, that is everything I have to share with you today!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day, and I will be back again soon! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love MME papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is extremely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I love the soft elegance of it. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lea,

    This is so soft and pretty, Love the vintage feel to your creation.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty card, from the colour combo, to the finishing touches, just lovely. Thanks' for playing at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation hun! Thanks for playing over at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner of a card! You did a great job!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Gorgeous and so pretty!! This came out great.. this would be a card I would keep in my stash and never give away..lol Congratulations on being a Glamette this week. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the colours and all the details.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Lea! I hope your day got better!

    Thanks for joining us for the Bingo challenge at Pollycraft this week!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card Lea love the papers and your style thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea