Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello, My Friend

Hey there, everyone!  So- I created a card this afternoon that isn't for any DT work & such....and decided that I needed to share it right away!  For one, I created it for some challenges that will be ending soon, and second- I don't often have a lot of time to create something "just because" these days.  I always seem to be working on some assignment or deadline...so it was kind-of nice to just take a minute to grab whatever I wanted to use and go to town!

Like I said before, I did create this with some challenges in mind...and those will all be listed at the bottom.  Here is what I created with some of my extra time today!!
"Hello, My Friend" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (black) & Papertrey Ink (kraft)
Paper: October Afternoon (Cherry Hill: cookie jar)
Doily: Wilton
Stamps/Dies: My Favorite Things (Just My Type set)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Distress Ink/Blending tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Ribbon/Twine: May Arts
Button: Papertrey Ink
Flowers: Recollections
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from black cardstock.  Cut kraft cardstock slightly smaller, distress ink the edges and adhere.  Cut dotted paper slightly smaller, distress ink the edges, wrap black lace around the top and adhere.  Distress ink a doily and adhere to the upper left corner.  Diecut and stamp the typewriter to kraft cardstock, and adhere to the doily.  Tie a gingham bow, thread a button around the middle with twine, and adhere to the upper right corner of the stamped typewriter.  Add two flowers to the lower left corner of it.  Cut a banner from kraft cardstock, distress ink the edges and stamp the sentiment to it.  Adhere the sentiment banner to the lower right corner of the card, then accent with black pearls to finish.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my card!!  I hope that you like it!  If you are looking for my Lawn Fawn inspiration week post, it is the post right after this one....so just scroll on down!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

Lovely Challenges I used Today
-CASE Study #60- card inspiration (inspired by colors minus the blue, & distress inking)

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Look at that beautiful ribbon! It's the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! Love that old typewriter image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kraft and black with all those amazing details= one outstanding card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful Lea! Great composition and that little typewriter die cut is so cute. :-) Thanks so much for joining this weeks challenge at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv this color combo, very sweet card Lea!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lea!! This is just stunning! I love, love, love this neutral color palette and love your design. You used some of my fave things here..a doily, gingham, and polka dots. LOVE that typewriter. Fabulous!
    So glad you had a chance to play for fun and so glad you decided to join us at The Kraft Journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent card! I love those colours! :)

    Thanks for joining at Creative Inspirations :)
    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lea, this is another absolutely STUNNING creation of yours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is the result of one fun inky session! Love that typewriter and your mix of polka dots with the gingham ribbon!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite color combinations, Lea...and how you've added all of those vintage accents...your CARD is one of my favorites, too! Love the gingham...it enhances all of your stamping beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous as always Lea! Your work is so divine! I love the doily and the little flower. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lea! You always pick and combine gorgeous patterned papers!!!! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea