Monday, July 5, 2010

Zippity Birthday Fun with GCD Studios!!

Happy July to you all!!  This month we have a fabulous theme to share with you, and it was super fun to base my themed projects around!!  Here is the theme photo we used as inspiration:
It is so whimsical, and colorful, and just plain fun...isn't it?!  There are so many paper choices that you could use for this theme from GCD Studios...but I decided to go with the Zippity collection.  It is the epitome of whimsy, and the colors just seemed perfect for it!  Here are the cards that I came up with:
I just LOVED the present shaped cake with the polka dots....so I had to use it for inspiration.  I decided to cut off the paper bow from the present cut, and added a real bow to it.  And this green fabric colored brad from the Homespun Chic line was the perfect touch!!  (The present cut was done using a Cricut Expression & Sweet Treats cartridge.)
And this theme just called for a cute little birthday banner...it practically screamed it!!  :)  So, I made the banner the focal point of the card.  And I don't think the sentiment could get any more happy...I just love it!!

Thanks for celebrating birthdays with me today!

Until later,
~Lea

10 comments:

  1. these are such fun and lovely cards. the banners are gorgeous :). Thanks for your sweet comments at my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 super, fun cards , i especially like number 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them both lea! you did an awesome job translating that inspiring photo into some cards. LOVE that little banner and the polka dotted cake too :D

    you're awesome... and you make killer cards! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, I just love these! Just to warn you, I saved the punched present in my files. I may have to use you in Show CASE soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable cards Lea! Love the colors and the circle punches, super super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable present and super cute banner!! Lovin' those Zippity papers! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet and fun! I absolutely love your polka dot present and that banner is perfect!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!
Hugs & ♥,
Lea